Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday February 28, 2008

Mom has continued to have a good day. They have begun trying to wean Mom from the ventilator little bits at a time. Mom's stats continue to improve. Mom's chest x-rays remain the same as yesterday.

Thank you again for your continued support and prayers!

Friday, February 27, 2009

Thursday February 26 & Friday February 27, 2009

Yesterday Mom continued to improve. Her vitals have been improving since she was transferred back to the original facility.

Yesterday Mom had a CT scan yesterday, the results came back clear. This has confirmed that the respiratory issues are a result to the pneumonia and shows nothing abnormal. Mom has been more alert and the Respiratory Therapist has been lowering the level of oxygen support, which means Mom is more able to breathe on her own.

Thank you all for all your support and continued prayers!

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wednesday February 25, 2009

Mom was transferred to the original facility early this morning. Her vitals are stable and she has been resting quietly. Her respiration rate also has remained stable.

Thank you for your continued support and prayers!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesday February 24, 2009

Mom's condition took a couple of steps back today. X-rays showed that the pneumonia returned in both lungs. She has been put back under sedation to control her heart rate and blood pressure.

We have successfully initiated a transport back to the previous facility to make sure Mom's case is provided with the maximum amount of specialists and care available. Late tonight Mom will be transported back to the original hospital.

Thank you again for all your continued prayers and support!

Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday February 23, 2009

Mom's status has not changed much since yesterday. Her heart rate and respiration rate remain elevated. We have not had the opportunity to speak with her doctors yet.

Thank you for your continued prayers and support!

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday February 22, 2009

Mom's vitals are all stable.  The move to the new facility has agitated mom' s respiration rate slightly.  They have placed her under sedation again to keep the respiration rate more consistent.  They ran blood gases and Mom's oxygen level appears to be good.  

Thank you all for your continued prayers and support!  We appreciate all the support you continue to provide for our family!

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday February 21, 2009

Mom had another quiet day today. Moms white blood cell count continued to improve today. This evening they are moving her to an acute care facility so that they can continue to wean her off of the ventilator.

So, Dad, Melissa, and I (Josh), will be moving with mom to her new facility. We will once again set up our posts, just with a different view.

We all are very thankful for your continued prayers and support!

Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday February 20, 2009

Early this morning they took mom of the ventilator for 45 min and she was able to breathe on her own. Later in the morning they started her breathing on her own at 10 a.m. with only pressure support from the ventilator and 35% oxygen.

She was able to sustain that for more than 7 hours. Her white blood cell counts have come down significantly. Mom no longer requires blood pressure medicine. They have started her back on nutrition and she is tolerating it well.

If she remains stable and progressive through the morning they will transfer her to an acute care facility to continue the process of weaning her off of the ventilator.

Thank you again for all your continued support and prayers!

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thursday February 19, 2009

Yesterday's surgery went well. Mom seems much more comfortable with the Trache tube. She no longer requires heavy sedation, as a result she is able to communicate at a basic level.

This morning she was able to breathe on her own for over an hour. Mom had a quiet day and all her vitals remain stable. Mom's white blood cell count is still elevated, which suggests that there is still and underlying infection. Doctors are continuing to look for the source of the infection.

Thanks you again for all your continued prayers and support!

Dad, Melissa, and I (Josh) are continuing to hold strong and stay by Mom's side.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Tuesday February 17, 2009 & Wednesday February 18, 2009

We apologize that we were unable to post yesterday's update. We were experiencing some technical difficulties.

Yesterday Mom's progress took a step back. She was placed back on the ventilator at about 5:00 a.m. Tuesday morning. She is once again heavily sedated.

Today her vitals are stable. They will be performing a Tracheostomy procedure to insert a Trache tube. This will allow easier access to her airway and will be easier to manage weaning her off of the ventilator. It will also allow for her to rest more comfortably. Mom continues to rest and we continue to be by her side.

Thank you all again for your continued support and prayers!

Monday, February 16, 2009

Monday February 16, 2009

Today is a good day. Mom had a restful night and restful morning. This afternoon at 2:00p.m. they took her off the ventilator. She has so far doing well and breathing on her own with only the assistance of an oxygen mask.

Mom has been maintaining 96% oxygen level and resting comfortably. We pray that her breathing will continue to improve to a level that she will no longer require the use of the oxygen mask. All vitals remain stable.

Thanks again for all the prayer and support! We are encouraged by all of your comments that you have been posting, to know that we have the greatest family and friends in the world!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunday February 15, 2009

Mom had another quiet night. This morning they were able to move her oxygen level down to 35% for about 4-5 hours. Dr's say no change in x-rays and airways sound clear. She just needs to start building strength so that she can be weaned off the ventilator. She continues to fight the infection, and the Doctors continue to reinforce that this will continue to be a long journey.

Again, thank you all for your continued support and prayers!

Dad, Melissa, and I (Josh), are hanging in there and are continuing to be here with Mom around the clock.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Saturday February 14, 2009 (Valentine's Day)

Mom had another restful night. She continues to make progress on her breathing. They have lowered her oxygenation to 40%. Chest x rays today remain relatively the same. The Dr. has informed us that they plan on trying to wean Mom from the ventilator as early as tomorrow, as long as she continues to progress.

Thank you all for your continued prayers and support! We are so grateful for all of your prayers! Our family is very lucky to have the friends and family that we do. We want all of you to know how much it means to us that Mom and our family have the friends an support that we do!

Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday February 13, 2009

Mom made progress again today. Her oxygen level is down to 50%. Her chest x ray showed slight improvement today. For part of the afternoon she was alert and responsive. Although we are excited to see the progress, the Dr. reminded us that this is a journey of very small steps.

Thank you again for all of your support and prayers!

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thursday February 12, 2009

Small improvement in chest x-rays today. Vitals continue to remain stable. Mom was able to maintain lower oxygen levels throughout the night. We interpret this as a step in the right direction. So far today remains relatively quiet. They were able to lower the oxygen level again this morning.

Thank you again for your continued prayers and support!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wednesday February 11, 2009

Slight improvement in chest x-ray today. Dr. said it's important for us to have patience right now. He also reminded us that this will be a long process. It was a quite night and relatively uneventful. Mom's vitals have remained stable.

Please continue your prayers and support!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuesday February 10, 2009

Unfortunately, this morning's new was not good. Today the x-rays showed that fluid has begun building up again. Most likely caused by the underlying infection. As a result, they have had to increase her oxygen levels back to 80%. Her vitals have also weakened a bit.

The doctors continue to be frustrated, as the current course of treatment does not appear to be working. They continue to seek new and alternative options for treatment.

Mom is a fighter and we pray that God will give her the strength to keep on fighting! Please join us in that prayer!

At this time Mom and all of our Family and Friends need your continued prayers and support!

In order to add comments you will first need to set up a profile.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday February 9, 2009

Good news this morning. Mom continues to take small steps in the right direction. Her vitals remain stable. Her chest x-ray shows improvement from the previous day. Today the have been giving her nutrients and weaning her off of IV fluids. She remains on a ventilator and fully sedated.

Thank you all for your continued prayers and support! They are truly appreciated by all of us!

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday February 8, 2009

Mom had a very good night and day. She is showing signs of improvement after beginning the steroid treatment. Her heart rate has dropped into the normal range. She is able to maintain blood pressure with minimal amounts of medication. She is able maintain good blood oxygen levels with decreased percentage of oxygen output from ventilator.

Mom is still under sedation. Her chest x-ray remains the same from yesterday. We hope to see continued progress as a result of the steroid treatment.

Keep up the prayers!

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Saturday February 7, 2009

Mom had a good night last night. Not much has changed since yesterday. The lung x-rays have come back and the status remains the same, no better, no worse. She still has fluid in both lungs. Mom has been on a ventilator since Wednesday morning and most likely will remain on it for quite a while. Previous attempts to wean her from the ventilator have been unsuccessful.

The specialists are continuing to to search for the cause of the infection. They are also continuing to attempt to wean her from the ventilator and will soon try a new treatment involving steroids in the near future. The good news is that Mom continues to remain stable and continues to fight.

Thanks for your continued prayers and support! We appreciate all the comments that you leave, we are reading each of your comments to her on a daily basis. (We are sure she can hear)

Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday February 6, 2009

Although Mom had a restful night, she had a difficult morning. She experienced some respiratory setbacks, but now is stable again and sedated.

As a result of the infection, fluid has continued to build in her lungs. She is currently under the care of multiple specialists, including pulmonary, cardiac, infectious disease, and neurology. The specialists are still working on trying to determine the source of the infection in order to administer the best course of treatment. She is receiving the best of care and the hospital staff has continued to be helpful and informative through the whole process.

Although many of you have expressed your wishes to be here for us, mom is still in ICU and is limited to only immediate family member as visitors. Dad, Melissa, and Myself(Josh) are here pretty much around the clock.

Thank you all for your continued prayers and thoughts! Thanks for all of your support. Our family is very lucky to have the extended network of support that all of our family and friends provide!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thursday February 5th

Today (Lisa) mom is in stable condition and in the ICU.  They are currently running tests to determine what type of infection we are fighting.  The specialists that are taking care of her remain hopeful that she is continuing to improve.

We thank everyone that is continuing to keep us and our mom (Lisa) in prayer and in thought!  Continue to pray and thank you all for your love and support!