Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tuesday April 7, 2009

No rest for the weary! Today was another busy day for Lisa. She had Physical Therapy twice today. In the morning she did her exercises then got out of bed (with lots of help) and sat in a wheelchair for 30 minutes. In the afternoon, she got into the wheelchair again, but this time got to go for a ride to the rehab center where she was able to stand 3 times with the help of the therapists and the parallel bars. She also had Occupational Therapy with some weight lifting and she had Speech Therapy as well. She continues to push hard and is making progress every day.

Thank you for all the positive thought and for your support and prayers as well.

Jim, Josh and Melissa

5 comments:

  1. Lisa,
    Wow, what a busy day. Keep it up and soon you can come do aerobics with my class! We'd LOVE to see you :) As always, your strength and determination are amazing and I admire you so much for it.
    Love, Tracy Hall

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW those therapists are really giving you a work out. I guess if you are doing so much excercise I should stop procrastinating and get busy exercising myself :{ . Darn you and your determination ( only kidding) :) Keep up the good work and I will try to keep up with you. I miss you and am looking forward to the time when we can resume our after school chats.
    Love and prayers,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I'm with Jean, you're making us look bad but we're happy and need to push ourselves to exercise like you. It's good to hear things are going well each day. Thinking of you always. Love, Barb Cabot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa,
    Is sounds like you are making great progress. I think I had better get out of my recliner and stop making excuses. I won't be able to keep up with you once you get home. I'm thinking of you and prayng for you daily. Lots of love,
    Sandy Saldano

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa, I'm so happy your getting up and around a bit... everyday will bring you closer to your goals. I know how tough it must be not being mobile, but I know you will make up for lost time soon..
    Stay strong and thanks to the family for keeping us so informed. We really appreciate the time they take to let us know how you are daily!
    Love, Lynda

    ReplyDelete